Monday, June 6, 2011

Pet Movement need tuning!!

Recently I become curious to see how pets are this days. The first thing I always look is how the move when I move. Everything seemed fine. I spent quite a lot of time with Marcelo so it would be a waste if that has broken.


Then I decided to see how it behaves when I send it to attack something. Against small and normal targets or even players everything is fine too. I said so far so good.

But then I wanted to check how the pet behaves in raids. And this is where i got quite disappointed. My wolf (Ookami) always contribute around 5-6% in raids so far. But after a fight with Marrowgar in ICC I saw that he did only 1% of my total DPS. That not possible I said. He is always on him. He has huge hit box so he should be hitting him for like miles away. Maybe something got bugged so I dismissed and re-called him. I continued to Lady Deathwhisper. But again the same. 1% of my total DPS. I looked at the Recount and I saw that my pet rarely hit her. So I decided to go to PTR and see what's wrong. And there it was.
Somehow the pet when they reach mobs with huge hit box they are getting confused. Something is telling them that they are close enough to hit the mob/boss but the skills are not. So far the bosses I saw this kind of behavior is Lord Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper and Icehowl.

But thats not all of it. I wanted to test also how dps while kite is and this is where I got extremely disappointed.

The pet tries to reach even closer to the target but when the pet reaches him the target has already moved even further and the skills still cannot reach him any more so the pet moves again. If the target is always moving the pet will never, EVER, hit him.

I would really like someone to take a look at this cause this affects every pet class.

No comments:

Post a Comment