Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pre-Pot or Pot-Pot after Pot

What's pre-pot?
Pre-pot is the procedure or trick of drinking a potion before the raid encounter start.

What's the benefit?
Since you drunk the pot while not in combat you automatically start the cooldown of the potion. This trick enable your to drink 2 potions in the same raid encounter.

The usual potions you drink with the pre-pot trick is Potion of Speed (15 sec of 500 haste rating) or Potion of Wild Magic (15 sec of 200 Crit rating).

But hunters have another card on their sleeves. Since we are able to get out of combat every 30 sec (unglyphed) we are also able to start the cooldown of the potions. In other words we are able to use a potion every 1 min.

When to use which potion? Well basically i always use Potion of Wild Magic during heroism when I blow all of my cooldown. Cause I am already at high speed but I want to be able to crit more with my fast shots. All the other time I am using potion of speed and especially in situations when I can stand still and benefit from the whole duration of the pot.

If the encounter last 5min you are able to use 5 potions simply by using it, feign death and then after 1 min the potions is ready to use again. This is a really high boost in your dps and only hunter's can benefit that much from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment