Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weekly Skill Overview (Improved Tracking)

 Improved Tracking

What does this talent do?
While tracking Beasts, Demons, Dragonkin, Elementals, Giants, Humanoids and Undead, all damage done to those types by the Hunter is increased by X%.

Sometimes I really hate wow tooltips.
So let me explain this a bit. 

Before 3.0.8 patch this talent was a bit different. It was giving the X% damage bonus only if you were tracking the type of your target. So in order to get the X% benefit against undead targets you should have been tracking undeads. After 3.0.8 patch this talents was redesigned a bit. Actually they made the effect a lot more simpler but the Blizzard's tooltip dpt is a bit retarded.

Now even if you track Beasts, Demons, Dragonkin, Elementals, Giants, Humanoids or Undead as long as you track any of those you will still get the X% damage bonus against all of those. So I can simply track humanoids but also get the damage bonus against all of the above type. I can track humanoids but at the same time hit beast with X% more damage too since the tracking type I use falls into one of the above types mentioned. But if I track hidden for example I am losing the bonus also against all those.

No comments:

Post a Comment